Under general supervision, the Information Systems Analyst provides Tier 2 management of college information systems focusing on academic administrative systems, enterprise applications, and business analytics in order to meet the business needs of the organization. This includes application support, integrations, and maintenance, as well as research, development, and implementation of new solutions. This position may supervise other task workers and developers. This position will also be a resource for the IT staff when appropriate, in times of high work-loads and requests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Examples of responsibilities and duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Information Systems Administration
- Development, implementation, and maintenance of the college's academic administrative systems and other enterprise software including PowerCampus, PowerFAIDS, Great Plains, ImageNow, Slate, and similar systems;
- Monitor FERPA compliance, application errors, downtime, and other performance issues;
- Oversee application test environments and upgrades;
- Collaborate with other department leaders to plan and implement any enterprise application initiative, and then have oversight of such operations;
- Take ownership of information systems helpdesk tickets and provide end-user support;
- Assist end-users with procedural workflow issues in regards to information systems;
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving other IT staff, outside vendors, other support personnel and organizations;
- Work with established vendors to coordinate and implement application improvements;
- Optimize application usage by researching and recommending enhancements to system capabilities and performance;
- Assist in the management of projects and personnel when assigned;
- Assist the systems engineers in the maintenance of core systems;
- Look for ways to improve infrastructure, enterprise, and business applications;
- Create integrations with third-party applications and API’s, where needed, in order to add functionality to college applications;
- Work with IT staff in the development of application directives and procedures, including escalation and incident response plans;
- Organize, audit and analyze data for efficient reporting and retrieval;
- Develop and produce design of databases based upon logical data models by employing program and business requirements and analysis;
- Maintain awareness of licensing coverage for systems managed and ensure ongoing compliance;
- Assess change requirements and manage change events effectively in accordance with defined change management procedures;
- Write scripts and programs as needed using appropriate programming languages.
- Work with a variety of operating systems including Windows, FreeBSD, and other distributions.
- Annotate and comment application source code;
- Create and update detailed descriptions, outlines, and maps depicting application structure, framework, and dependencies;
- Create and update any necessary training materials for end-users of academic administrative systems;
- Manage change logs of edits to third-party applications.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the Management of Information Systems or related field;
- 3-years of experience in academic administrative systems;
- 5-years of experience working in Information Systems with 3-years of experience administering business systems such as MRP/ERP or similar administrative software.
- Any combination of certifications and lesser degrees that show equivalent education and experience in MIS and Business Analytics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Utilization and purposes of management information systems, database structure and data verification methods;
- Principles and operation of networks, operating systems, standard software applications, hardware and related peripheral equipment;
- Basic principles of system analysis;
- Principles of organization and project management;
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and database knowledge;
- Integration and querying of business system databases;
- Integrate scripts with third-party APIs and applications;
- Maintain familiarity with and keep abreast with industry standards, practices, and trends;
- Research and properly vet applications, considering the needs of the organization.
TO APPLY: https://jobs.prescott.edu/information-systems-analyst-0
Equal Opportunity Employer
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.