Do you have experience in the Human Services field working with children and families? Would you like to make a direct impact, right in your own community? We have a great opportunity for you to join our team in Northern AZ as a Fostercare and Adoption Specialist! Our office is looking for two specialists. As a Fostercare and Adoption Specialist, you will have the opportunity to license foster and HCTC homes, certify adoptive families and/or complete assessment home studies for ICPC referred families. You will also collaborate with community partners and governmental agencies in the area.
*This position requires travel between and around Coconino county and Yavapai county. This position can be based out of either our Prescott or Flagstaff offices.*
Learn more & apply on our website: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=16bb398a-a851-480f-b1b1-3d6b53a77a83&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=379887&lang=en_US&source=CC4
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- We have a whole new comprehensive benefits package for 2021!
- All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are eligible and we offer several plans for Medical, Dental, and Vision so you can choose the option right for you and your family!
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Employee Wellness and Support Time
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of America
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Assists families with completing paperwork for home study processes.
- Writes comprehensive studies about interested families, evaluating skills and appropriateness for kinship placement, foster care licensure and/or adoption.
- Monitors homes ensuring licensing standards, state laws and regulatory requirements are being met.
- Maintains timely and accurate client records in compliance with AzCA and governmental requirements.
- May assist or be responsible for training for adoptive, foster care of kinship families.
- May assist or be responsible for writing recruitment plans and implementing or participating in recruitment activities.
- May assist with coordinating the sharing of information for adoption matching procedures for children and families.
- May assist or be responsible for facilitating support groups and/or orientation.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of related experience
- Required experience will be in the Social Work, Psychology or Human Service Field (i.e. Group Home, Shelter Care, Behavioral Health field) working with children, families, and or adults.
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation for business related purposes
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to “perform safely” the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer