PRESCOTT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT EDUCATION FOUNDATION (PUSDEF)
This role is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all the organization’s brand identity, marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities. The Marketing Manager/Consultant reports directly to the Executive Director. The Marketing Manager/Consultant develops content and strategies relating to the PUSDEF’s overall brand, grant, and special educational programs, special events, and other initiatives. In addition to the Executive Director, the Marketing Manager works directly with the Marketing Committee Chair, and Alumni Engagement Coordinator, board members, volunteers, PUSD, and PUSDEF supporters.
The individual will be a key member of the PUSDEF and PUSD teams, ensuring that Education Foundation’s brand and messaging is clearly communicated in a variety of creative and informative outlets to a diverse group of audiences, including students, parents, educators, alumni, community leaders, and current and prospective donors and partners.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy that strengthens PUSDEF’s brand, encompassing web, email, social media, print, and other media sources (radio, cable, magazines, and newspapers).
- Design and implement email communications highlighting PUSDEF’s impact with PUSD, alumni engagement, and special events.
- Engage stakeholders across all PUSDEF’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter) by frequently posting engaging and creative content.
- Develop online and print collateral (sponsorship packages, press kits, signage, PowerPoint presentations, and constituent welcome packets) for all PUSDEF and Alumni events.
- Create short videos highlighting PUSDEF’s positive community impact that can be utilized in email communications, websites, social media, and special donor acknowledgments.
- Work with the organization’s media partners to create PUSDEF’s print ads and other public relations opportunities.
- Collaborate with external graphic designers to create collateral, including Annual Impact Report, letterhead, letterhead, brochure, and other print materials.
- Ensure PUSDEF’s website is constantly updated. This includes writing content, providing photos, uploading financial documents while working with development and marketing committees to understand the specific needs of their supporters, prospects, and educational community.
- Serve as the Liaison to the Marketing Committee which is comprised of PUSDEF Board Members and volunteers who are dedicated to assisting in achieving the marketing and communications goals.
- Manage the organization’s photo and video library to ensure all files are easy to locate and properly saved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, and generating the creation of web, print, video, and other content.
- Strong creative vision and storytelling ability.
- Well versed in print and digital marketing practices.
- Expertise in developing and implementing organizational communication plans.K
- Knowledge of public relations practices to effectively interface with internal and external media.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to create, manage, and execute a plan.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously in a dynamic, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Interpersonal savvy to deal with high-level donors, other external contacts
- Highly organized.
- Results/action and solutions-oriented.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity, and trust.
- Self-starter; ability to anticipate next steps; proactively take actions necessary to produce results.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Ability to multi-task; ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Research and analysis skills.
- Resourceful; creative problem solver.
- Ability to help create the desired organizational culture.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency.
- Discretion to handle confidential information.
PUSDEF SKILL SET – Marketing Manager/Consultant
- High proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign, Constant Contact, Hootsuite, Facebook, Instagram, and Word Press.
- Minimum of 3-years direct experience in Brand Marketing / Public Relations / Communications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Prescott USD Education Foundation
The PUSD Education Foundation (PUSDEF) is a 501(C)3 nonprofit organization, founded in 2015 by a group of dedicated community leaders concerned about providing much needed financial resources for Prescott Unified School District (PUSD). Today the PUSDEF provides support throughout the school district through the following efforts: Innovative Classroom Grants for teachers; Naviance, which is an interactive curriculum that help students by connecting learning to life as they prepare to enter the workforce; a district-wide technology grant to protect students while using the internet for classroom activities; campus Improvement grants; teacher recognition and retention programs; along with supporting the district’s one-to-one initiative for Chromebooks. For more information about its local impact and how to get involved, visit PUSDEducationFoundation.com.