Working under administrative supervision and with moderate difficulty, this position is responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Department Director. This position also provides administrative support to various related agency and governmental councils and committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drafts and finalizes correspondence, reports, executive summaries, and compliance documentation to ensure state and federal program compliance and effective program operations
• Arranges for Director’s in-state and out-of-state travel to ensure compliance with program and travel policy guidelines
• Conducts research and collects data for Department projects and studies to ensure timely and accurate reporting of program information
• Maintains Director’s calendar to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Director’s program operations and meet the need of program clients
• Maintains program files to ensure complete and accurate records of program activities and compliance
• Handles incoming and outgoing mail and manages distribution of documents for Director’s review and approval to ensure timely and appropriate response and service delivery
• Assists Director in the preparation of grant proposals to ensure high quality, comprehensive proposals for program funding
• Assists Director in developing, implementing, and revising Department policies and procedures to support effective and efficient program operations
• Provides administrative assistance for various agency and government council and committee meetings, including: preparing agendas, coordinating meeting logistics and arrangements, recording and transcribing minutes, and tracking membership, to support the Director’s effective and efficient leadership and participation in various councils and committees
• Provides support to Department Director and management, including participating in weekly administrative team meetings, to promote efficient and effective administrative services
Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED; and 4 years’ administrative assistance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Criminal Background Check
• Motor Vehicle Report (annually)
• Fingerprint Clearance Card, Level I
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
• Use of minute-taking technology
• Communication (written and verbal)
• Cultural competence
• Office Competence
• Organizational Skills
• Problem solving
X < 5% □ < 25% □ < 50% □ < 75% □ 100%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical Activity: Frequent sitting, listening, talking, walking, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, finger use, and repetitive motion. Occasional standing, climbing, balancing, crouching, lifting, and feeling.
Physical exertion: ___ Sedentary; _X_ Light; ___Medium; ___ Heavy; ___ Very Heavy. Work involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Visual requirements: Close visual acuity for compiling and analyzing data; viewing a computer screen; and reading.
Working conditions: Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
NACOG is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by the
state, federal, or local law. NACOG is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individual with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.