Yavapai Humane Society Spay & Neuter Wellness Clinic
2989 Centerpointe East Dr
SUMMARY: We are looking for an experienced veterinary technician to assist our doctor and staff in our high volume, fast-paced spay and neuter wellness clinic. Operation does not include on-call and/or emergency hours. This is a full-time position working 7:00am to 5:00pm Wednesday through Saturday.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- At least one year of experience as a veterinary technician in a high volume surgical center
- Experience working for a spay/neuter program is a plus
- A self-starter who also works well in a team environment
- High comfort level handling companion animals
- Able to work and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Able to lift 60 pounds and work a 10-hour day standing and moving for long periods of time
- Patience and tolerance with the ability to work with a varying range of volunteers in a fast-paced setting
- Comfortable intaking and assisting up to 32 surgeries per day
- Triage patients as they are checked in and report health concerns to attending veterinarian
- Assist veterinarian in surgery as needed
- Calculate and administer anesthesia to all surgical patients per anesthetic protocol
- Accurately maintain all necessary anesthesia and patient records as well as controlled substance logs
- Administer animal treatments as directed
- Act as a liaison between medical staff and volunteers
- Provide in person and telephone client service
- Actively promote spay and neuter, and educate clients on responsible animal ownership
- Actively support associate staff and volunteers; promote the development of skills related to the advancement of our goals and mission.
- Stay current in knowledge of emergency drugs and protocols
- Other tasks as they may arise or assigned
- Assist in medical supply inventory as needed
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties and requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, for example, emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, or technological breakdowns or development. Hourly rate depends upon experience. Competitive benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance as well as a company matching retirement plan, PTO and multiple paid holidays.
Compensation package dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.